We are committed to strict privacy standards and the protection of any information gathered from visitors to the Rock Climbing World Website. This statement has been updated in May 2018 to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force on 25th May 2018
Rock Climbing World has created this privacy statement as a demonstration of our firm commitment to the privacy of visitors. The following contains information regarding privacy issues on the
Rock Climbing World Website as they relate to information gathering, posting, or third party participation.
Our lead GDPR supervisory authority is the UK based IOC ico.org.uk
Our company Data Protection Officer is Andrew Hyslop.
Rock + Run Newsletter eMailing List
- Rock Climbing World maintains an emailing list which you can subscribe to from the home page at http://www.rockclimbing.world/ or when you order goods from us.
- Information that is collected: We collect your email address, your name and order history
- The information is collected via the input box on our home page and is stored at a secure location.
- Email addresses are held in our email lists to be used for sending our news letters and special offer information. If you have actively opted in to receive customised marketing you may see our retargeting adverts on sites such as Facebook, Google partner sites and relevant content sites.
- The mailing list is used to send out information on special deals, offers, gear reviews and general outdoor sports information.
- Rock Clinbing World does not divulge your email address to any third parties. The information is only used to mail Rock Climbing World Updates and news letters.
- We do not send random and un-targeted unsolicited e-mail. emailing list members have the option to opt out of receiving email from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any emails we send out, or by contacting us directly.
Abandoned Cart Emails and Gear Reviews
As part of our online sales process we will send out a reminder email if you abandon your cart during the sales process. This gives you the opportunity to resume your shopping session. Your email address is not added to any additional marketing list during this process.
If you make a purchase we will email you two weeks after the date of purchase asking if you would like to review the product you have purchased. Your email address is not added to any additional marketing list during this process and if you do not submit a review you will not be contact again.
Customer Address Details
Customer address details are stored securely to enable us to ship orders and and enable efficient reordering by our customers. All paper work containing address details is shredded after use, usually at the end of the working day.
Credit Card Details
We do not hold any credit detail on computers or paper, either at our warehouse or on our web server. We use Shopify Paymnets to process credit and debit card details. Shopify Payments are PCI DSS Level 1compliment.
New vsitors to our site will see a cookie information pop-up in the page footer. After you agree to us using cookies by clicking the accept button you will not see this pop-up again.
You can block all or any cookies by adjusting you bowsers settings.
EU Law: By signing into your customer account, you agree to Rock Climbing World setting cookies on your browser.
Rock Climbing World's Practices Regarding Identifiers and Cookies
- Access your information when you "sign in" so we can remember the last page you visited.
- Keep track of products added to your shopping cart.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Rock Climbing World's website/s.
- Google Analytics is a popular browser-based system used to collect information about visitors interactions with our website/s.
- Maintain information in both identifiable and anonymous forms.
- To support security measures.
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
- To serve relevant retargeting adverts on other web sites
Choices about Cookies
- You may set your browser, via its preference settings, to block all cookies being placed on your machine, however this may cause problems using many websites which rely on cookies for large parts of their functionality.
- We regret that cookies are a fundamental part of our website and we cannot offer a complete opt-out regarding their use.
We will not pass your information to any third parties if you have told us not to.
Visitor IP addresses are logged as part of the daily Website statistic gathering. This is a common occurrence on the majority of Websites. It is used only for the accurate reporting of statistic information. We using Google Analytics for this purpose.
Rock Climbing World is dedicated to your privacy and we hope that this privacy statement is a testament of our privacy commitment.
Display Advertising and Remarketing
We use a marketing technique called ‘Remarketing’ to display adverts to site visitors after they have left our site.
An example of Remarketing might be, we display climbing equipment adverts to website visitors who have visited our ‘Climbing’ products category in the last 30 days. The adverts would appear on sites that you might visit after you have left our site. These would be sites that normally show display adverts such as yahoo.co.uk, hotmail.com, news sites and most web sites where you would normally expect to see display advertising.
You can opt-out of Remarketing (Google Analytics for Display Advertising) and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager. Alternatively you can change the cookie preferences in your browser to block cookies or just delete cookies from a particular domain e.g. rockrun.com
Display Advertising and Remarketing Summary
- We have implemented and use Display Advertising
- The Google Analytics features we have implemented are based on Displayed Advertising and Remarketing.
- We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- We, and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website.